Friday, March 11, 2011

Today Japan had a massive 8.9 magnitude earthquake. It was devastating, and destroyed many buildings and killed many people. The death toll is in the hundreds right now and expected to go into the thousands. However, in all of this tragedy, I have faith in them. They prepare themselves exceptionally well for earthquakes, and an 8.9 is a sure test of their technology. Many of their buildings, even under the stress of a massive one like that, only swayed in the face of it. They know they live in an area especially susceptible to earthquakes and they've done the best they can. A good side to this is the fact that this will be the best recorded earthquake ever, and they can learn from the nature of this one what to suspect from upcoming ones. I'm pretty certain that Japan will eventually become earthquake proof entirely. The fact that this one was so big is speeding them up. Through all of this, my hopes and prayers are with them that those affected are comforted, consoled, and kept in good hands.
As for me, things have been going normal as usual other than this news. My eyes have started to feel funny again, but it's not as bad as it used to be. I also went to a new dermatologist today and got in and out in the quickest time ever- it was literally minutes. In comparison, every other place I've been to had me to wait at least half an hour, and sometimes even hours. I could tell the doctor was very smart, and he finally diagnosed me with what I had self diagnosed myself with before- seborrheic dermatitis (or for short, seborrhea). It's basically oily dandruff that has a strong smell and has to be controlled with medicated shampoo and/or natural treatments. As of now, there is no cure. Thankfully, it's not that bad of a condition, and only means I have to make sure I keep treating it to manage it. Even if I didn't, there are no adverse effects on my part besides the itching, though people around me wouldn't exactly be pleased if I let it go. XD And I did miss blogging Wednesday, but I didn't have much to blog about and I was also busy working to clean my room and organize all of my things that I'm keeping, and sectioning off what I'm not keeping long term.
My thoughts, however, continue to linger on Japan.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First off, I love God. I also like anything related to Japan, and I love animes and being environmentally friendly. I am also a Non-denominational Christian. So anyway, hope you enjoy my posts! You can also visit my own personal website at http://www.sapphiredragon.cloudns.cc (coming soon!) to read more about me.

Followers